“Infidelity is a choice made of our own free will.”
People cheat because they can; but, for several generations men and women have been trying to discover the decision-making process behind why people cheat. Granted, there may be a good reason that prompted them to throw fidelity to the wind, but it is more often the case that they saw the opportunity and took it. For many, the risqué act brings a rush of excitement to their lives. I don’t condone cheating, as it isn’t fair to anyone involved. However, if you want to “have your cake, and eat it, too”, here are a few common sense tips on how to avoid getting caught.
- A secret is not a secret if you tell someone. You did something naughty and you’re just dying to tell someone. Here’s an idea: DON’T. Who ever stayed out of trouble by telling people their business?
- Dispose of the evidence. You got a sexy picture of his/her privates? Look at it and delete it. I know you want to be able to look back and refresh your memory from time to time; but, holding on to those emails, texts, pictures or videos might, and probably will, come back to bite you in the ass later. There’s nothing like plausible deniability. “I did what?! Prove it!”
- I’m sorry, do I know you? Never, and I mean NEVER, cheat on your significant other with someone who they know. That’s Armageddon waiting to happen; and, you may not come out alive. If you do make it out alive, you’re going to wish you were dead.
These suggestions are just that – suggestions. They aren’t ironclad, but they may just help you live a little longer. No matter how slick you think you are, there’s always a chance that you will get caught. If you do get caught you’re going to have to do some damage control if you want to save your relationship. Here are some things to remember.
- Guilty as Charged. Tell the truth. Unless you know for a fact that you can get out of trouble, just come clean. There’s no point in denying it any further if you’ve been caught with you your hand in the “nookie” jar. Continuing to deny it only makes things worse.
- Anyone order a slice of humble pie? Humble yourself. The only thing that should be coming out of your mouth should be “you’re right”, and “I’m sorry”.
- Clean-up, aisle 5. The quicker you can get a handle on the situation the better. If both of you are willing to reconcile, you have to move fast and move past.
The best advice I can give is just don’t do it. Cheating isn’t right and causes more harm than good. However, if you do decide to stray, please protect yourself. There are a lot of diseases going around; and, some people aren’t very forthcoming. You don’t want to compound your infidelity by having to tell someone that you may have given them an STD. Be safe.