Okay. Let me start my apologizing for not posting consistently for the last few month. These last few months have been hectic with work and school. Without fail Jewels over at AccordingtoJewels has been constantly on my ass to write something on a daily basis. It’s not like I haven’t been meaning to write, but I just didn’t have the spare time or brain power. Now I’m down one class and actually have some free time and instead of sitting at work slaving over quadratic equations I find myself twiddling my thumbs. Luckily a few weeks ago Jewels wrote a post titled 50 Things You Don’t Know About Me and challenged me to do the same.
Although somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I’m sure I’ve done something like this before……eh whatever.
1. I’m the youngest of 13 children. (Now lower your eyebrows)
2. I’m 31…(Recall my previous statement and lower your eyebrows again. If you try to do the math your head will likely explode.)
3. I shower naked. (Try to stay calm. I hear that’s a norm in this part of the world.)
4. I occasionally have hemorrhoids. (TMI?)
5.I’ve danced in the rain……naked………..In broad daylight.
6. I’m a pleasant pyromaniac.
7. I’ve also lit my bed on fire. (Story about that soon to follow)
8. I had a very short career as a gymnast in high school.
9. I have a degenerative eye disease call Keratonconus.
10. I grew up playing baseball. I didn’t start learning to play basketball till I was in junior high, but by high school I was on the varsity team.
11. I was married.
12. Even though I’m black, (not sure what that has to do with anything) I’ve never seen The Wiz or The Color Purple.
13. In order for me to fall asleep I need to be laying on my left side.
14. When I was 13 I had to perform CPR on my dad to save his life after he was pinned by a truck her was working on. It’s still hard for me to talk about it to this day.
15. I often eat baby power. I think it’s the talc but I always crave it.
16. I’ve never been to a strip club, not am I interested in ever going to one.
17. Most of my friends are female. The only real guy friend I have at the moment is my best friend Horace.
18. I’m slightly OCD.
19. I don’t like being touched and I have a serious personal space issue.
20. Because of #19 it should be obvious that I don’t like crowds.
21. Even though I grew up on a Caribbean island, completely surrounded by beautiful beaches, I don’t really know how to swim..
22. I need to learn how to swim.
23. I love thrill rides.
24. I love flying.
25. I’m uncomfortable with extreme heights. (I’m a walking contradiction)
26. I grew up in the church and can probably quote bible verses around you in circles.
27. I don’t drink coffee.
28. I’m in love with Ryan Reynolds.
29. I’m forever addicted to Sour Patch kids…..and sour Skittles…..well pretty much any sour candy.
30. I don’t like speaking, which is ironic cause in elementary school I often got in to trouble for talking to much.
31. I hate my job.
32. I once drank from my toilet. (Story to come about that as well.)
33. I once has a pet parakeet. However it learned how to open its cage and flew away.
34. I have all 4 of my wisdom teeth.
35. I hate wearing shoes.
36. How I think I look and how I actually look are often very different from each other.
37. I once got suspended from school for vandalizing my P.E teachers car and letting the air out of his tires.
38. I can solve a Rubik’s Cube in 4 minutes or less.
39. I’m currently writing this while at work on my laptop. Even though we aren’t allowed to have any personal electronics on our desks. Fuck it.
40. I’m afraid that I won’t be successful at being a film maker and that makes me reluctant to attempt to film anything, but I will. I’ll fight through my fear.
41. I dislike having to ask for help. I can’t do it myself then I don’t feel like I’ve earned it.
42. I would like to travel the world sometimes soon. Hopefully if I amount some measure of fame as a film maker I’ll get my opportunity.
43. I’ve been to jail. TWICE!
44. I am deathly afraid of lightning, but I LOVE the deep rumble of thunder.
45. I once woke up to aliens in my bedroom standing over me…seriously…at least I think they were aliens….they didn’t stay around long enough for me to ask any questions…
46. I sometimes believe that I have latent abilities like the ability to see some events before they happen. There’s been more than one occasion where I’ve dreamt something and it actually happened. Unfortunately I don’t realize it’s happening until it’s happened. There’s usually no signs that lead up to the event that would allow me to change or alter what’s will happen.
47. To make up for the fact that I have poor eyesight the rest of my senses overcompensate. I have incredibly good hearing, sense of smell and my skin is aware of even the slightest touch and my can usually pick out flavors and taste differences that some miss.
48. I wear Degree deodorant and I sometimes shop at bath and body work. (Don’t judge me)
49. I have 6 tattoos. 2 on my right leg, 1 on my upper right arm, 1 on my left shoulder, and 1 on each wrist. More on the way.
50. My middle name, Loren, was given to me by my older sister and it’s what my family and most of my friends address me by.
Well that was fun……